How do I file a complaint?

Problem With a Contractor

The control the Building Division has over contractors is limited at best; generally it begins and ends with activity on an active permit. A disciplinary action against licensed contractors after a job is complete is administered by the Contractors State Licensing Board 800-321-2752. See the Contractor page for more details.

Problem With a Neighbor

Disputes between neighbors are generally considered a civil matter that is decided in the courts. If work is being done without a permit, or a dangerous condition is being created, the Building Division has the authority to issue a stop work order. Conflicts with local zoning ordinances are resolved by the City Code Enforcement Officer. Contact the Code Enforcement Officer at 530-661-5820.

Show All Answers

1. What type of work requires a permit?
2. What repairs and or improvements need to be made at the time of sale of a building?
3. Can I pull a permit to do the work myself?
4. Should I hire a licensed contractor?
5. How do I file a complaint?
6. How much does a permit cost?
7. How long is a permit good for?
8. What codes are currently adopted in City of Woodland?
9. What is the seismic and wind zone for City of Woodland?
10. Can I use a shake roof on my new or existing house?
11. Are there any requirements for fences?