The City of Woodland invites all local businesses to participate in this free digital campaign. The success of this campaign relies on the investment of our businesses - the more that join in, the more significant our digital reach will be to consumers.If you are a business that sells products or services to consumers, follow these steps to join in for free:
- Follow the City’s IG account @GOWoodlandLocal (create a free account if you do not have one yet!)
- Publish content on your IG account as often as you can to promote your products and services.
In each post:
- Tag the City’s @GOWoodlandLocal IG account in your picture & add the hashtag #GOWoodlandLocal in the text portion of all of your posts.
- Tag the City’s @TheFoodFront IG account in your pictures if you are you a food & ag business / sell local food & ag and add the hashtag #TheFoodFront in the text portion of all of your posts. This preexisting account is specifically designed to promote the sustainable, local, and innovative actions of your food & ag businesses.
- Depending on the day, we recommend that you add the relevant daily hashtag to publish content according to the daily themes below:
- #BestSellerMonday | #MakerMonday
- #TakeoutTuesday | #GoodNewsTues
- #WorkItWednesday |#WayBackWednesday
- #ThirstyThursday | #ThankfulThursday
- #FearlessFriday #FoodieFriday
- #SaturdaySwag | #WoodlandWeekend
- #SelfCareSunday | #SpotlightSunday
**Following these steps will notify us at the City that you have published content, and we will repost it onto our own IG page to enhance visibility of your post. The more that businesses use the above-mentioned hashtags, more digital visibility of all posts will be created to consumers.**
3. Support each other on IG! Many Woodland businesses already have IG accounts with an established pool of followers. Like, comment, and repost your fellow Woodland businesses’ posts to encourage them to reciprocate the gesture and increase consumer visibility amongst each other’s followers.
The City will collaborate with local media sources and partners such as Visit Yolo to help further its reach and visibility to our community.
Example:See an example post below from Matchbook Wines, an early adopter of this campaign. In this post, Matchbook:
Questions? Email Stephanie Burgos (Business Engagement & Marketing at the City of Woodland): Stephanie.email@example.com
- Tagged @GOWoodlandLocal in the photo, and used the hashtag #GOWoodlandLocal in the text body.
- Tagged @TheFoodFront in the photo and used the hashtag #TheFoodFront in the text body as they are also are part of our food & ag community.
- As a bonus, they tagged @AWellStockedHome to show support of another Woodland business and also featured some of their products. We highly recommend featuring other businesses within your posts to generate cross-promotion of each other's efforts :)