A recipient of the 2008 California Governor's Historic Preservation Award for excellence in increasing public awareness, appreciation and support for historic preservation throughout the City of Woodland, the "Explore Historic Woodland" walking tour booklet provides readers a fun and educational way to experience Woodland's tree-lined neighborhoods, filled with historic houses from the 1860s to the 1940s. Woodland has been called a "museum of housing styles" united by historic Downtown Woodland, listed on the Register of Historic Places. With the "Explore Historic Woodland" residents and visitors alike can tour Woodland's scenic streets and explore its extraordinary architecture and lovingly restored historic buildings.
The "Explore Historic Woodland" walking tour booklet contains information on:
- Ten different walking tours covering a total of 7.5 miles
- Over 400 buildings representing classic American Architectural styles
- Detailed historic and architectural descriptions of each site with photos
- Easy to navigate maps of each walking tour
- A historical overview of Woodland
- A glossary of architectural styles and terms