You must have an alarm permit-it's the Law. Woodland has an alarm ordinance that requires every home or business with an alarm system to obtain a permit. Every alarm user, residential and business, can do his or her share to reduce false alarms and to help preserve police resources. The ordinance is designed to reduce false alarms.
Whether your alarm system is for your home or for a business, you must have a valid Alarm User Permit.
To obtain an alarm permit, you can apply by completing the permit application and submitting it to the Woodland Police Department by mail or drop off:
- Annual Renewal: $24
- *False Alarm Fee: $80
- Initial (New) Permit: $36
*An additional $80.00 fee is charged for each false alarm in the calendar year with the exception of the first false alarm (no charge).
Notify Your Alarm Company
Provide your alarm company with your permit number and updated emergency contact information.
For questions or additional information, please send an email.
CALIFORNIA CARRYING CONCEALED WEAPON (CCW)
California Carrying Concealed Weapon (CCW) Applications will be accepted on Wednesdays between 12:00 pm and 4:00 pm by appointment only. Contact our Records Unit to schedule your CCW application appointment at 530-661-7800. Appointments will be scheduled at 1/2 hour increments.
The Woodland Police Department may issue a permit to carry a concealed weapon to a Woodland resident who meets the following established criteria:
CCW License Fees (Initial)
- City Fee: $170 (20% due with application = $34. Check payable to the "City of Woodland")
- Fingerprint Fee: $93 - (State DOJ - $38 / Federal DOJ - $17 / Firearms Clearance - $38)
- Fees due with application: $127 (Prepaid, non-refundable)
- Balance due at issuance of CCW: $136 (remaining 80% of the City Fee)
- Total Fees: $263
Approved Firearms Safety Courses for CCW Permits
A CCW applicant shall successfully complete a firearms safety and proficiency examination with a Department approved firearms safety and proficiency examiner using the weapon(s) that will be listed on the permit. The cost of training/examination shall be the responsibility of the applicant. The training course will be up to sixteen (16) hours and will minimally include firearms safety and the laws regarding the permissible use of a firearm.
The applicant is responsible for contacting one of the approved trainers/examiners and scheduling their own training. After the completion of the training/examination, and during phase 2 of the application process, the applicant will need to provide the Police Department their training certificate.
The Woodland Police Department Carry Concealed Handgun Training and Qualification Form must be completed by the Firearms Safety Course Instructor and submitted to the Woodland Police Department. The form can be obtained HERE.
All California Concealed Weapon Applicants for the Woodland Police Department must attend training classes that minimally include the following course of fire components to demonstrate proficient use of a firearm: CCW Qualification Course.
- Liberty Firearms Training. They provide group or private lessons and CCW certification. http://libertyfirearmstraining.com/ (916) 730-4534
- Lagomarsino Firearms Institute. They provide CCW certifications in both private and group settings. http://www.lfiguns.com/ (209) 401-0907
- One on One Firearms Instruction. They provide CCW certifications in both private and group settings. http://www.oneononefirearms.com/ (916) 494 9663
- Blue ridge Consulting & Firearms. They provide CCW certifications in both private and group settings. http://www.brcarms.com/ (707) 689-0172
- Next Threat Solutions - info@NextThreatSolutions.com - (916)306-7959 - 4641 Post Street, El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
CCW License Application
If you live within a jurisdiction of a city police department, you may apply to the city police department or county sheriff’s office for a CCW license. However, only residents of a city may apply to a city’s police department for a CCW license.
For the City of Woodland, begin the process by completing the application and gathering all required documents, then schedule an appointment by contacting our Records Division at 530-661-7800. Applications will be accepted on Wednesdays between 12:00 pm and 4:00 pm by appointment only. Appointments will be scheduled at 1/2 hour increments.
Questions: Email email@example.com or call 530-661-7884.
The application process for a license to carry a concealed weapon consists of two phases. Upon the successful completion of phase 1, the applicant will advance to phase 2 and continue the process until completed and the license is either issued or denied. Further information can be found HERE.
No later than 90 days prior to the expiration of any valid license to carry a concealed weapon, the licensee may apply to the CRB Sergeant for a renewal by completing the following:
- Submitting a renewal application under penalty of perjury.
- Taking an authorized training course of no less than four hours including firearms safety and the laws regarding the permissible use of a firearm.
- Submitting any weapon to be considered for a license renewal to a Department Firearms Instructor for a full safety inspection. The renewal applicant shall also successfully complete a firearms safety and proficiency examination with the weapon to be license renewal, to be administered by a Department Firearms Instructor, including completion of all releases and other forms.
- Payment of a non-refundable renewal application fee. The City Renewal Fee is $85.
Email CCW@cityofwoodland.org or call 530-661-7860.
Street Closure Permit
You are required to have a street closure permit if you wish to close or block any street or delay or alter the movement of any traffic (including pedestrians) on any street, highway, sidewalk, public parking lot or structure or an alley.
All street closure requests must be made at least 72 hours in advanced of the desired closure. Requests can be submitted to the Woodland Police Department Traffic Unit. A fee of $29 is due upon approval of the street closure. Effective July 1, 2023, the new fee for a street closure permit will be $32.00.
Complete the online form HERE.
For questions, please contact Sergeant Ted Ruiz at Ted.Ruiz@cityofwoodland.org or 530-661-7843.
A permit is required for the broadcast of a radio, phonograph or similar instrument, using voice or sound amplifiers, either into a public though fare from a fixed location or a moving vehicle, or in connection with any public celebration, public function on a public holiday, or in connection with the broadcast of events of interest to the general public.
How Can I Obtain a Sound Permit?
A Sound Amplification Permit Application is available at the front office of the Police Department at 1000 Lincoln Avenue. The department will review the application. A fee of $25 is due upon approval of the application. Effective July 1, 2023, the permit fee will be $32.