Sec. 21-9-10. Correction and amendment of maps.

(a) After a final subdivision map or parcel map is filed in the office of the county recorder, it may be amended by a certificate of correction or an amending map for any of the following purposes:
(1) To correct an error in any course or distance shown.
(2) To show any course or distance that was omitted.
(3) To correct an error in the description of the real property shown on the map.
(4) To indicate monuments set after the death, disability, retirement from practice or replacement of the engineer or surveyor charged with responsibilities for setting monuments.
(5) To show the proper location or character of any monument which has been changed in location or character which originally was shown at the wrong location or incorrectly as to its character.
(6) To correct any other type of map error or omission as approved by the city engineer, which does not affect any property right. Such errors and omissions may include, but are not limited to, lot numbers, acreage, street names and identification of adjacent record maps but not changes in courses or distances if not ascertainable from the data shown on the map.
(b) The amending map must conform to the requirements of this chapter and must be signed by a registered civil engineer or licensed land surveyor, current property owners and the city engineer. Said map shall be filed in the office of the county recorder. (Ord. No. 1500, § 3 (part).)