CHAPTER 12A. HISTORICAL LANDMARKS AND DISTRICTS.*
Article IV. Permit System.
Sec. 12A-4-4. Criteria for evaluating application.
In reviewing and acting upon each application, the commission shall
consider to the extent applicable, the following criteria:
(1) The historic
value and significance, or the architectural value and significance, or both, of
the designated historical landmark, the structure within a designated historical
district, or the designated historical resource, and its relation to the
historic value of the surrounding area;
(2) The relationship of the exterior
architectural features of the structure to the rest of the structure itself and
to the surrounding area;
(3) The general compatibility of the exterior
design, arrangement, texture and material which is proposed by the
(4) Plans for structures which have little or no historical value
or plans for new construction for their compatibility with surrounding
(5) Conformance with guidelines and standards adopted by the
(6) Conformance with the Woodland area general plan. (Ord. No.
1004, § 2; Ord. No. 1310 § 4 (part).)