Permits & Licenses

How do I get a water tap?

For information on obtaining a water tap, please contact the Development Services Engineering Division of the Community Development Department at:

City Hall Annex
520 Court Street
Ca 95695
Phone: 530-661-5946
Fax: 530-406-0832

How much does it cost to get a City of Woodland permit?

Please observe the City of Woodland Comprehensive Fee Schedule for more information regarding fee information for all City of Woodland permits including encroachment permits, transportation permits, and fire hydrant usage permits.

What is an encroachment permit?

An encroachment permit is a contract that is required for any work that is done within the public right-of-way. This includes, but is not limited to, trench-cuts or digging in the public right-of-way, sidewalk or driveway interference, placement of a dumpster within the public right-of-way, the movement of construction equipment throughout the public right-of-way (this includes the construction of a swimming pool), and the connection of water and sewer services. The permits require a plan that shows the proposed work; it also includes a fee for security of completion of the job.