Very Ready Readers
We offer storytimes at the library using the Very Ready Reading Program to provide early literacy tips for parents and caregivers along with fun and interactive stories, songs, movement, and fingerplays. Our goal is to model effective early literacy techniques and provide information about what families can do at home to help their children be ready for reading and writing as they get older.
We offer six morning storytimes a week geared toward babies, toddlers, preschoolers, and families. We have storytimes in English as well as bilingual story times in Spanish and English! We have one evening storytime a month during the school year with a special theme or event.
The Saturday Family storytime is outdoors at 10 a.m. when the Farmer's Market is running from mid-May through September. It then moves indoors at 11 a.m. for the rest of the year.
- Baby Storytime from 9:30-10 in the Children's Room. Afterwards children can play with early learning toys. Join us for some fun early literacy activities!
- Bilingual Storytime from 10:30-11 in the Children's Room. This is an all-ages storytime in Spanish and English with songs, rhymes, and fingerplays as well as stories.
- Toddler Storytime from 10-10:30 in the Children's Room.
- Preschool Storytime from 10-10:30 and 10:45-11:15 in the Children's Room. Storytime is followed by a craft.
- Farmer's Market Storytime from 10-10:30 on the lawn in front of the library. This is an all-ages storytime.